A 15-Year-Old Girl Dies After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In A Place

A 15-Year-Old Girl Dies After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In A Place

A 15-year-old girl has died and eight other people – including two civil guards who have already been discharged – have had to be transferred to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in a place located on Avenida Constitución de Azuqueca de Henares ( Guadalajara).

Archive image of an ambulance.
As reported to Europa Press 112 sources, the event occurred around 00.48 hours on Monday when a call came to the room of the Emergency Attention Service in the region warning of several affected by carbon monoxide poisoning .

José Luis Blanco, mayor of Azuqueca de Henares, has confirmed to Cadena Ser that the events occurred in a private premises that had been without activity for several years and that in the past had served as a place of social activity for the elderly.

A generator set could have caused said poisoning, according to the Civil Guard. In total, nine people have been affected.

At the moment there are six young people admitted to the hospital. In the Niño Jesús de Madrid, a girl under 15 years of age is admitted, and another five young people are in the Guadalajara Hospital. Of these five admitted, three are currently in the emergency observation service and “a priori” it seems that the prognosis is favorable and two are in the ICU , one of them having been transferred to the Hospital Doce de Octubre in Madrid. The two Civil Guards have already been discharged.

As explained by the Sub-delegation of the Government, after midnight, the family of one of the seven young people gathered, worried that he was not returning home and could not be located through the mobile phone, went to the Civil Guard to report it and provided the last location of the mobile , which led the agents to the aforementioned location.

Looking out the window, they saw that there were people inside, but they were not moving , so the guards broke the glass, entered and found the seven boys and girls unconscious.

The first two guards who entered were also affected by intoxication and had to be treated by the medical services and later discharged.

Civil Guard personnel, six ambulances and an ICU traveled to the scene. All those affected have been transferred to the Guadalajara University Hospital, except for one under 15 years of age, who was transferred, in ICU, to the Prince of Asturias Hospital in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.